Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:46:17 UTC 2013

I'm not sure there's any place in our community where it is acceptable
for people "to go to fight." Nor do I think that would be healthy.
I would prefer to think that noone in our community really wants to
hurt anyone else.  I think if anyone showed up at any face-to-face
meeting specifically with the intent "to fight" or to "hurt someone"
they would feel intimidated and would modify their behavior
accordingly.

So I really don't understand why FOSDEM as a collection of individuals
at a face-to-face meeting. would be any different than another
face-to-face meeting.

But I will say that I would prefer it if our written communication
channels were similarly less tolerant of individuals who show up
primarily "to fight" or are intent on "hurting someone."  Text
communication channels, are inherently prone to a loss of civility,
and by collectively condoning behavior we'd otherwise find
uncomfortable in a face to face setting we hasten the debasement of
the level of discourse therein.

-jef