Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 21:29:50 UTC 2013

Hi

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Debarshi Ray <rishi.is at lostca.se> wrote:

> Ok.
>
> <sarcasm>
> So what is the next step? Offering another kernel? Or allowing us to choose
> a different package manager or packing format? Oh, wait, using multiple
> different depsolvers has already been frowned upon.
>
> Now why did *that* happen? It is Fedora, isn't it?
> </sarcasm>

Sarcasm  isn't going to resolve the problems.  If you have a proposal,
let's hear it.  Removing all the alternatives isn't an option.  Is it?

> > Go-oo is entirely irrelevant to Fedora.
>
> No, it is not. It is an important part of where LO came from.

Users don't care where LO comes from at all.

> I see. So how will you empower users to make an informed decision to choose
> LO over AOO or the other way around?

Refer to my first post.

> And it will be the "default" until someone gets the bright idea of creating
> an AOO spin, and that idea has already started floating around.

I don't expect this to happen, realistically speaking but regardless of
that, spins don't change the default.  What we have as default is the
single ISO in the fedoraproject.org page

Rahul