Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Feb 8 22:21:49 UTC 2013

Le Ven 8 février 2013 21:30, Debarshi Ray a écrit :
>> The FOSDEM poll was stacked ??? no one really wanted to hurt Vincent
>> Untz
>> too much given his obvious efforts to be nice, there was this knot of
>> GNOME people bunched together that were a tad intimidating, and people
>> do
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> So don't overplay the GNOME 3 FOSDEM session, it was an awkward moment
>> for
>> everyone involved (and certainly not representative of the positive
>> energy
>> that permeated other presentations).
>
> Sounds like bitterness to me.

[…]

> Now that the other side of the argument is coming to light, you are trying
> to cling on to your vociferous claims at all costs.

Do you realise my "vociferous claims" didn't even include an opinion on
which side of the argument the audience was leaning towards most? Can you
please stop the stupid bunker mentality?

I stand by my statement that this was a very awkward moment, with Vincent
and the GNOME team radiating unhappiness and pretty much everyone else
being perplexed and wondering whether they should take offence at being
accused of being mad or if it was some weird form of apology. Certainly
not the kind of celebration being portrayed here.

As for the vocifering, I'll leave that to others.

--
Nicolas Mailhot