Proposed F19 Feature: Usermode Migration

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 11 14:54:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 01:27:07PM +0000, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Usermode/consolehelper should be phased out and be replaced entirely by
> polkit.

Is it possible to configure utilities with the equivalent of UGROUPS=wheel
without per-application javascript policy? Currently, we do this with
/etc/security/console.apps/config-util.

As I understand it, the javascript policy mechanism is not supposed to be
used at the OS vendor level. But I don't see a way to do this in the .policy
XML files either.