ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:58:24 UTC 2013

On Feb 13, 2013 10:58 AM, "Lennart Poettering" <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 13.02.13 02:44, Dan Mashal (dan.mashal at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Please can we test this on rawhide first if anything? I'm pretty sure a
lot
> > of thing are still ck dependant. We are still trying to catch up to
systemd.

> So, in contrast to the esound discussion I do not sense too much
> opposition to me just retiring CK. So I'd probably do that in Rawhide
> next week or so. CK would hence disappear in F19, but would give
> everybody time until the branch or freeze or so to fix their packages...
>
> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.
> --

Sorry if I sound ignorant but:

No. I meant fedora 20 rawhide. What is the problem with keeping it?

Are we just trying to break something different every time we release a new
version of Fedora?

Regardless, do you know exactly what depends on consolekit and what
doesn't? Have you gone through every package?

If so, great but my main question is who is it hurting right now? Let's
spend some more time to plan doing something like this. Again, just because
other distros do it is not a good enough reason.

Dan