Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 14 03:26:26 UTC 2013

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Surely you are not honestly consider replacing mysql installation with
> mariadb on upgrades?

Have you missed the discussion? MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL,
it will REPLACE MySQL in Fedora repositories, and we like to keep existing
setups WORKING (e.g. we don't want to break Akonadi, which relies on an
autospawned mysql-server, or Amarok, which relies on mysql-embedded) and
supplied with security updates (which would not be the case for an
unmaintained MySQL RPM from an older Fedora release that just sits on your
disk), so of course, MariaDB WILL replace MySQL on upgrades.

        Kevin Kofler