Customizing Firefox Search.

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Thu Feb 14 18:09:16 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 07:03 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Any know of a way to build a customized search into firefox.  Basically I want
> to setup a search pull down which is hard coded to a particular site.
>
> For example, add a menu item called
> MyBlog
>
> And what ever I put into the search window ends up going to google as
>
> $SEARCHTEXT site:danwalsh.livejournal.com

Maybe something like this local page that you bookmark:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<script>
  function fix(){
    var field=document.getElementById('searchTerm');
    field.value+=" site:danwalsh.livejournal.com"
  }
</script>
  <form  name="input"
	action="https://google.com"
	method="get"
	onsubmit="fix()">
  Search: <input type="text" id="searchTerm" name="q">
	 <input type="submit" value="Submit">
  </form>

or use a functionally equivalent javascript in greasemonkey