/usr/lib/debug ownership

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 09:44:27 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 11:58 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:50:28AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
>> - make a script to identify all the packages that are broken and
>>    shipping debug stuff.
> AT least for the directory a simple yum call should suffice:
> yum --disablerepo '*' --enablerepo fedora\*  whatprovides /usr/lib/debug
>
> But it shows that a lot (all?) debuginfo packages own the directory
> which probably needs to be fixed in rpm itself.
>
> Regards
> Till
I have filed a bug against filesystem: BZ 911831.

I get 46 owners of /usr/lib/debug, that can't be all debug packages...

Shall we file a bug against rpm, saying that claiming the complete path
doesn't really work? I see the problems here, if rpm shouldn't claim the
complete path /usr/lib/debug/lib/whatever, the part to claim is more or
less arbitrary.

Some macro defining the "system" paths i. e., the paths belonging to
filesystem and not to the debug package?

Must guidelines be updated.?

Here are dragons...

Chers!

--alec