Mass closing EOL bugs should not close bugs with pending updates

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:34:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Despite of the question whether it's right or wrong it's a manual
> process and we cannot rely it really happens. On the other hand changing
> the script to not close any bugs which are ON_QA is easy.
>
> So what is so bad about ignoring bugs MODIFIED and/or ON_QA bugs?

This is a corner case perhaps, but those bugs still need closing at
some point. If an updates-testing package gets un-pushed or never gets
sent to stable the bug will never be closed. That means that the
script would need another rule that it _also_ closes bugs for the
release before regardless of MODIFIED/ON_QA.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...