Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:50:46 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 07:50 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> It will be clarified. The concern there started with the assumption
> that "yum install OpenOffice.org" would install something else. It
> doesn't, of course. So the following discussion is largely irrelevant,
> but again we will be following the FESCo's recommendation here.

The other concern being that you cant have both installed at the same
time and or when they do they conflict with each other as in John wants
and uses libreoffice Mary wants to use openoffice.

John configures Gnome to default open every documentation and tool with
libreoffice whilst Mary does same but for openoffice. If neither one
winds up using/running each other applications and binary's then this
does not need to be discussed any further.

JBG