Orphaning gnome-media, gmyth, EOL'ing gnome-lirc-properties

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:55:24 UTC 2013

Heya,

gnome-media is unmaintained upstream, and the only interesting thing
left in that package is the sound recorder, for which I'm sure there are
better alternatives (both in terms of UI and maintainership).

gmyth is also unmaintained upstream as far as I know. I haven't used it
in a long while (no MythTV box), and it's most likely deprecated by the
UPnP support in MythTV.

DWYW with those two.

gnome-lirc-properties hasn't worked for a while. It requires HAL, didn't
get adapted to use systemd, etc. See here for details as to what the
future is:
http://www.hadess.net/2011/01/infra-red-remotes-in-gnome-3.html

Cheers