64-bit stat (or not) in 32-bit Fedora binaries

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 16:44:58 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 05:33 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Of course, the script needs to be smart, because e.g. glibc will always
> contain __xstat symbol, as it is part of the exported ABI.

It's sufficient to consider references only, definitions don't count.  I
believe Eric's script does exactly that.  (symboldb has separate tables
for ELF definitions and references, too.)

In fact, it turns out the glibc-common match I reported is *not* a false
positive:

         file        |  symbol
--------------------+----------
  /usr/bin/iconv     | __fxstat