Frequent dbus(?) crashes with Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Feb 21 03:37:38 UTC 2013

On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:45 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> Currently, as the OS disk, it mounts on boot with the default values set by Fedora;

> /dev/mapper/luks-bd252fe0-a16f-4a14-ad4e-b99a0d4c0716 /       ext4    defaults,x-systemd.device-timeout=0 1 1
> UUID=eca11946-68d8-444c-90f2-ad65455caf6d /boot                   ext4   defaults        1 2
>
> Thanks for the tips on secure erase. I'll use that in the future.

I would do it now because as far as that SSD is concerned, every single block is in use, and then also you should be using the discard mount option, and also not using dmcrypt. The 840 Pro supports FDE, that's what you should use. But for reference dmcrypt supports TRIM passthrough, just not by default.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt_with_LUKS#Discard.2FTRIM_support_for_solid_state_disks_.28SSD.29

Chris Murphy