Odd error message on build blender-2.66-1.fc19

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Feb 24 02:14:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 06:29:47 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On 02/21/2013 11:31 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 22:23:25 +0000
> > "Michael E. Maher" <michael at maheronline.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jochen,

> >> 30th January 2006 was a Monday not a Sunday.

> >> I'm no expert in these things, but I believe a recent RPM version
> >> added stricter checks for dates in the change log.
> >>
> >> Changing 'Sun' to 'Mon' should clear the error, assuming that the
> >> date is correct.
> >
> > Note that rpm simply warns about this, it doesn't fail on it (at
> > least not yet). So the error is likely further up in your logs...
> Does it? Mock definitely fails on "wrong dates".

Not anytime I have seen.

From the rpm 4.11alpha announcement:

"There's one thing that does affect nearly every package: new warnings
about bogus spec changelog dates. The most common cause is the day name
not matching the given date, such as:
warning: bogus date in %changelog: Tue Jun 03 2009 Panu Matilainen
<pmatilai at redhat.com> - 4.7.0-5

Jun 03 2009 was Wednesday, not Tuesday, hence the warning. As rpm
hasn't hasn't previously validated changelog dates make sense as a
whole, nearly every spec has one or more of these mistakes. It's just a
warning though and doesn't cause build failures."

kevin