Ruby 2.0 in F19

Stijn Hoop stijn at sandcat.nl
Wed Jan 2 11:08:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:59:46 +0100
Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne 21.12.2012 20:58, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky napsal(a):
> > Why don't we just ship 'rvm' or 'rbenv' and force everyone to
> > manage their own Ruby environments? ;-)
>
> There used to be RVM in Fedora, but we dropped it, since it cannot be
> installed system wide while manage Ruby locally, as discussed here
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rubyversionmanager/RuMA7Jl1EDk/8wv5tncWBJkJ

Out of curiosity, the RVM page [1] and other google hits [2], [3] talk
about "mixed mode install" that seems to be exactly what you want. I'm
not much of a ruby / RVM user, but does it not work?

--Stijn

[1] https://rvm.io/rvm/install/
[2] https://blog.engineyard.com/2012/rvm-stable-and-more/
[3] http://serverfault.com/questions/424546/rvm-mixed-mode-local-gem-installation