Ruby 2.0 in F19

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 12:09:59 UTC 2013

Dne 2.1.2013 12:08, Stijn Hoop napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:59:46 +0100
> Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Dne 21.12.2012 20:58, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky napsal(a):
>>> Why don't we just ship 'rvm' or 'rbenv' and force everyone to
>>> manage their own Ruby environments? ;-)
>> There used to be RVM in Fedora, but we dropped it, since it cannot be
>> installed system wide while manage Ruby locally, as discussed here
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rubyversionmanager/RuMA7Jl1EDk/8wv5tncWBJkJ
> Out of curiosity, the RVM page [1] and other google hits [2], [3] talk
> about "mixed mode install" that seems to be exactly what you want. I'm
> not much of a ruby / RVM user, but does it not work?
>
> --Stijn
>
> [1] https://rvm.io/rvm/install/
> [2] https://blog.engineyard.com/2012/rvm-stable-and-more/
> [3] http://serverfault.com/questions/424546/rvm-mixed-mode-local-gem-installation

Well, once I had been asking upstream similar question and I was pointed
to some environment variables [1], which might influence RVM behavior,
but I do not remember anymore what was the showstopper for me at that
time. They are probably called mixed mode now, but I have never tried it
personally.

Vít

[1]
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyversionmanager/7K3y4A8B4XQ/QY8pXTjj3k8J