rawhide report: 20121226 changes

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 19:07:07 UTC 2013

Bruno Wolff III (bruno at wolff.to) said:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 12:08:31 +0100,
>   Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >Hm, wondering why there are not automatically filled bugs about
> >broken dependencies. Wouldn't it be easier for tracking such
> >issues?
>
> The owners get warning messages every compose. That helps with notification.

Right, sending mail from a script requires no credentials. Filing bugs
requires credentials embedded/pulled by the script. While we could do
so, we haven't done that work yet.

(Also, having duplicate/continued warning in e-mails for long-standing
issues is lower overhead than if duplicate bugs start getting filed.)

Bill