Proposed F19 Feature: DualstackNetworking - proper dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 networking

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 23:50:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 21:06 +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
> > = Features/DualstackNetworking =
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DualstackNetworking
>
> (Sending to the list instead of using the wiki talk page to hopefully
> gather more information from networking experts.  The recent-ish
> bugzilla activity in this space does suggest that this is a good topic
> to revisit in detail, thanks for taking the effort on.)
>
> 1. So what is the _precise_ scope of the ''proposed feature''?  For

Just to second this emotion: I'm very much on the IPv6 train in general,
but it would be very nice if any changes to very sensitive distro
components - glibc, NetworkManager, stuff like that - could be decided
and nailed down *quickly*. I don't mind this being a sort of
'aspirational' feature in general, as it seems to be, but for core stuff
- critpath - it would be very good to have a clearly defined scope well
before we start cutting F19 builds.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey