Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 15:01:20 UTC 2013

On 01/03/2013 01:57 PM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> drago01 píše v Čt 03. 01. 2013 v 14:43 +0100:

>>> Well, happy F18 Final release in 2053! Because that's the year by which
>>> we might fix completely all bugs in Fedora because if there is a bug
>>> it's broken period ;)
> No, I didn't miss it. I just don't agree with it. For example the bug
> reported by me, which is on the list, too, is not serious at all. And
> many other bugs are not even regressions in Fedora 18. They're caused by
> problems that have been in Fedora for some time and our current final
> releases suffer from them, too. So when the release is almost out of the
> door we suddenly wake up and decide to solve long-term problems that we
> were fine with in F17,...

I assume you are not using encrypted partition

> especially in the situation when we're already
> 2 months behind the schedule.

Given that we are already that far behind the schedule few more months
hardly matter or at least delay the release up to the point this issues
are fixed.

> It just doesn't feel right to me, that's all.

What is not right here while the distribution has significantly
increased in size the release cycle has not been extended to accommodate
for that ( amongst other growth pain we suffer from )

Btw Fedora has not been the "first" for sometime now encase people have
not noticed ( just compare Fedora and Arch for example )...

JBG