Fedora ARM F18 Beta VFAD - Test Images posted

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 19:18:41 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 07:01 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but where can I find the kernel images? These are
> just root systems, right? I'd love to try Kirkwood on NSA-310.

If you want to test the kernel used in the F18 ARM Beta release
candidate the best option is to download the kirkwood image then extract
the kernel and initramfs.  Here's a link to the image:

http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/arm-nightlies/vault/f18-beta-rc1/F18-kirkwood-20121220.img.xz

Ucompress and as root use kpartx to expose the partitions as loopback
devices:

   xz -d F18-kirkwood-20121220.img.xz
   kpartx -av F18-kirkwood-20121220.img

 From here you can mount the partition with the files you need.  I'm not
sure which one it is so you'll have to experiment:

   mount /dev/mapper/loop0p1 /somewhere

Good luck, and don't forget to umount and kpartx -d that image when
you're done.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com