Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with gcc-4.8.0-0.1.fc19

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:08:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> wrote:
> mpir-2.6.0-2.fc19.src.rpm
>         similarly to getdata bug, another clear out of bounds access in a loop:
>         #define numberof(x)  (sizeof (x) / sizeof ((x)[0]))
>         for (oindex = 0; oindex <= numberof (offset); oindex++)
>           {
>             o = offset[oindex];
>           }

This bug is in the tests, not the actual library, so I'm not going to
rebuild right away.  I notified upstream of the bug, and upstream
already replied that this will be fixed in the next release.  Wow,
that's got to be the fastest response I've ever received to a bug
report.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/