rawhide report: 20121228 changes

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jan 5 18:07:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 14:48:06 +0100
Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert at fysast.uu.se> wrote:

> I am very well aware of this fedpkg regression. It makes 40+ of my
> packages currently not buildable in F18 and rawhide.

I also noted the bug in my first reply in this thread. ;)

> The bug was reported almost 2 month ago, and the fix for the bug was
> provided in a bugzilla comment just 3 days after the bug was reported,
> but no update implementing the fix has yet been provided. So the build
> system remains broken.

We have been very busy trying to get F18 out the door, and wanting to
push changes to fedpkg hasn't been high priority. :(

I did talk with Dennis about this yesterday, and he's going to push the
patch out very soon.

It's worth noting that you could change your specs to use a simpler
construct and they should work now. I agree making all them change now
is not good, but you might consider changing them as they are updated?

from:
%if %{?fedora}%{!?fedora:0} >= 17 || %{?rhel}%{!?rhel:0} >= 7
to:
%if 0%{?fedora} >= 17 || 0%{?rhel} >= 7

It's shorter, it makes more sense to me and it works. :)

Anyhow, we will try and get a fedpkg update out soon, and I am very
sorry for the delay.

kevin