Fedora 18 laptop regression

alex399 at hushmail.com alex399 at hushmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:30:46 UTC 2013

On 05/01/2013 at 11:23 PM, "Lennart Poettering" <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
>GNOME on F18 takes the lock and handles the lid switch on its own.
>You
>can verify that with "systemd-inhibit --list".
>
>> <OT>
>> There is almost nothing you can configure with GUI in GNOME and
>gsettings isn't even adequate anymore.
>> </OT>
>
>gnome-tweak-tool allows you to configure  what happens when you
>close
>the lid.
>
>Lennart

No the gnome-tweak-tool only allows you to configure "laptop lid, when closed, will suspend even if there is an external monitor plugged in". You have to use gsettings to do anything else relating to suspend.

But as I said before, you can disable suspend via logind.conf but doing so also means GNOME doesn't lock your screen when you close the lid.