Fedora 18: WebApp and httpd 2.4 configuration

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:06:14 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 02:10 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 01:56 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 01/07/2013 10:19 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>>> Why? What can FESCo do about it? We don't need to kick every damn issue
>>> to FESCo, as seems to be a trend lately.
>> Ah I see but it's ok when you do...
> What have I escalated that was not a high-level technical decision?

So the remaining webapps that ship with the broken configuration that we
are about to release into the hands our our enduser base and how they
should be handled are not considered high-level technical decision?

>>>    There's no high-level technical
>>> decision to be made here. The bugs just need to get fixed. FESCo doesn't
>>> have magical resources to achieve this, it's a decision-making body.
>> Fesco set an example here [1]
>>
>> "At today's FESCo meeting we agreed to:
>>
>> AGREED: Kay should make sure all the packages affected to use the new
>> config files.
>>
>> Kay, can you please make sure all affected packages are fixed up asap?
>> Thanks."
>>
>> I would expect they to be consistent in their action and request of the
>> apache maintainer that he should fix up all the affected packages as well...
> Well, I'm not sure that was a great precedent to set, if we're going to
> treat it as a precedent...

What else is it?

The alternative is that fesco single out individual and forced him to
fix brokenness in other components which ironically already had been broken?

Which one do you prefer?

David rewrote the part of polkit that makes the authorization decision
which resulted in this [1].

He was not forced to go through all the components and rewrite all the
polkit rules which still may be broken in some places so a simple
question why Kay but not others if not to set a precedent?

What makes Kay so special he deserves the honor to be treated like this
and given the blessing of fixing those things up?

JBG

1.
http://goldmann.pl/blog/2012/12/03/configuring-polkit-in-fedora-18-to-access-virt-manager/