Systemtap and PHP? (was Re: Proposed F19 Feature: PHP 5.5 - To provide the latest PHP stack)

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Tue Jan 8 18:29:32 UTC 2013

Le 08/01/2013 19:05, David Malcolm a écrit :
> On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 10:34 -0500, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> [...]
>> = Features/Php55 =
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Php55
>
> [...snip...]
>> Dtrace enabled build
>
> As I understand it, Fedora has systemtap but not dtrace (/usr/bin/dtrace
> is a shim to systemtap), so does this mean that *systemtap* static
> probes will be available for use when tracing php?  If so, that sounds
> great, but it would probably be best to spell that out on the feature
> page.
>
> I see docs on DTrace within PHP here:
>   https://wiki.php.net/rfc/dtrace
>
> This blog post has some information on PHP and Systemtap:
> http://blog.experimentalworks.net/2012/12/probing-php-with-systemtap-on-linux/
>
> Is that the kind of thing that this aspect of the feature is hoping to
> add?

Yes.

And, from my tests, the example given in the above link works as expected.

> If so, it's probably worth adding a link like the above to the
> feature page.

Please, add a proposal to the "feature discussion page" ;)

Remi.