Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 9 04:31:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 16:18:56 -0800
Mahrud S <dinovirus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know that Slax Linux used to have this feature. You could just
> choose the modules that you want on the website and download a custom
> live iso with those packages! <strike>But that feature is disabled
> now, perhaps because</strike> they use a new module system now.

This is not exactly what I meant... this would be things you could
run/install on any already installed Fedora. It would not have anything
to do with creating live isos... it would be just extra things for
existing installs.

Thats not to say perhaps we couldn't think of a clever way to somehow
generate images based on them, but it would probibly take some way to
take an existing machine and make a live image from it. Not sure how
easy that is to do.

> Ah, here: http://old.slax.org/build.php
> I'm not sure whether that's just for show or if it still works though.
>
> That's what you are thinking, right?

Not exactly, see above.

kevin