el6 g++ bug message during a package build

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Wed Jan 9 14:42:27 UTC 2013

I am upgrading a package to the new version of its upstream source for
2013. The corresponding correctness tests have built and run fine for
the master, f18, and f17 branches.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=4848365&name=build.log
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=4850615&name=build.log
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=4850578&name=build.log

I and ran into the following message while building the el6 branch
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=4850629&name=build.log

[3%] Building CXX object multi_thread/pthread/CMakeFiles/pthread_test.dir/team_pthread.cpp.o
/builddir/build/BUILD/cppad-20130000.1/multi_thread/pthread/team_pthread.cpp:346: fatal error: error writing to -: Broken pipe
compilation terminated.
The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
c++: Internal error: Interrupt (program as)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
make[3]: *** [multi_thread/pthread/CMakeFiles/pthread_test.dir/team_pthread.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [multi_thread/pthread/CMakeFiles/pthread_test.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/check.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2
RPM build errors:

The last time I saw an error like this, it was in fact a problem with
the el5 Fortran compiler. I spent a while simplifying the program down
to just a few lines and then made a bug report as suggested.

This time, I do not even know which version of g++ is being used ? What
is the standard procedure in a case like this ?