Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 9 19:26:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>> One of the big questions to answer is distribution. I can see good
>> arguments on the one hand distributing formulas via RPM and on the
>> other having an official Git repository for them.
>
> Yep. I am torn here too. rpms get us a lot, but are also inflexable in
> other ways. :)

Let me make an argument against rpms here.

Ansible doesn't require anything on the local system to run a playbook.

That's one of its virtues.

For a user if we just use a git repo then the user doesn't have to
modify their system in order to use the tools to change their system.

There is a certain amount of elegance in that not to mention just not
being annoying.

-sv