[Test-Announce] Last Minute Testing for Fedora 18 RC4

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 22:07:37 UTC 2013

We find ourselves in a bit of an odd position for Fedora 18 - RC3 is
go, but we need to finalize some testing in order to decide whether or
not RC4 will supersede RC3 as the released version of Fedora 18.

To that end, we have some testing to do. Since the change between RC2
and RC4 is so small, I've gone through and pulled results from RC2 and
RC3 where appropriate into the test matrices (mostly the installation
test matrices [1]). If you end up re-running any test cases, please
overwrite any results marked 'previous RCX run'. Pulling results
through isn't an indication that more testing isn't welcome, just that
we don't think it's strictly _required_ for RC4.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

The testing that we're most interested in is the various desktop
environments with an emphasis on the display managers (gdm, kdm,
lightdm etc.) because any show-stopping problems are most likely to
exist there. The second most likely place is inside any of the livecd
desktop environments (kde, gnome, xfce etc.).

To that end, if you have the time to download RC4 [2] and run through
some or all of the desktop test cases [3], please do. The more testing
we get on RC4, the easier tomorrow's decision to choose RC3 or RC4 will
be.

[2] http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/18-RC4/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test

Happy testing,