comps' "standard" group spring cleaning?

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Thu Jan 10 19:52:17 UTC 2013

> From: Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> But finger can still be installed on the multiple-user systems that
still
> persist, or in any environments which still run finger servers. (Are
there
> any?) I think the case is pretty good that it's obsolete.

I use finger effectively without a finger server, on a single-user
workstation (in multi-user mode, of course).  I believe it's getting the
data via NSS and in my case that means LDAP.  That's not too esoteric
IMHO.

Again though, I'm not troubled by having to install it either; I'll just
add it to my puppet manifests if necessary.

--
John Florian