comps' "standard" group spring cleaning?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:21:18 UTC 2013

On 10 January 2013 15:10, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> Once upon a time, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> said:
>> Some additional ideas, and reasons why I may have left things Iin that were
>> suggested to remove...
>
> Okay, that's a starting point.
>
> However, what is the reasoning behind this?  There are a number of
> things in your list of removed things that are still quite useful and
> not redundant.  Before this really goes anywhere, what is the
> justification for what goes (and what stays in for that matter)?

Remember this is removal from core NOT from the distribution..

To quote the original email

(Oh, and to clarify this: it's just about what to install by default,
not about what to ship. It's just that I have a hard time remembering
when i saw the last laptop with irda or pcmcia ports, and maybe we
should not install that anymore by default...)