Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 10 23:51:32 UTC 2013

Brendan Jones wrote:
> The main problem we have with kickstarts at the moment is that there is
> no way (according to current packaging guidelines) to alter files owned
> by other packages.

This is just plain impossible anyway (except for config files in /etc), no
matter what you do (i.e. not just with kickstarts). The next update of the
package legitimately owning the file will destroy any changes made to the
file (except if it was marked %config(noreplace), but files outside of /etc
must not be marked %config nor %config(noreplace) according to our packaging
guidelines).

        Kevin Kofler