comps' "standard" group spring cleaning?

Xose Vazquez Perez xose.vazquez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:35:06 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 12:01 AM, William Brown wrote:

> Nothing I didn't know about it. Will read into it now.
>
> Maybe this shows that a documentation component is needed, to "bridge"
> the gap to say X tool is replaced by Y
>
> IE netstat -> ss

man netstat:

NOTE
       This  program  is obsolete.  Replacement for netstat is ss.  Replacement for netstat -r is ip route.  Replacement for netstat -i
       is ip -s link.  Replacement for netstat -g is ip maddr.

net-tools is obsolete [1] since *fourteen* year ago.
And also some tools from iputils: arping ping ifenslave tftpd traceroute6

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg00780.html