Something is killing my Koji build

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 12:16:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:12:46PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 11 January 2013 11:32, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> > Then its configure script likely honors --disable-silent-rules
>
> That works a treat, thanks.
>
> > In both cases, it's worth contacting upstream to tell them about the
> > harmfulness of silent make rules
>
> Well, I am upstream :) When I'm developing software it's a lot easier
> to spot warnings when they're not buried in pages and pages of debug
> output. That said, I agree we need the full logs when building
> packages. I'll fix up all my packages to do --disable-silent-rules
> when I next bump their versions.

On this theme, one other very useful thing we could improve in Koji
for developer debug of failed builds, would be to capture the 'config.log'
file from any autoconf based builds.

Currently when I get stuck with configure problems I have to hack the
spec file todo  "%configure || cat config.log". It'd be nicer to have
config.log as a standalone published file though, because sometimes
you have a successful build but later want to go back and see why
configure chose a particular thing and you're lacking config.log at
that point.

Regards,
Daniel