Fedora ARM F18 Beta VFAD - Test Images posted

Jonathan Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 19:34:57 UTC 2013

Hey Lukas,

I think the other (well meaning) responses haven't yet addressed your original question. For the record, for ARM development boards, we (Fedora ARM) ship prebuilt disk images suitable and intended for dd'ing onto a storage card for convenient installation. Other targets support conventional installation[0], such as on Calxeda HighBank (known as EnergyCore), and the emulation target comes as a rootfs and kernel. If you need a specific kernel binary for one of these images, you can extract it as Brendan mentioned, or you can use arm.koji.fedoraproject.org to download any package, or the the regular mirrors. If you have questions, please join arm at list.fedoraproject.org or #fedora-arm on Freenode IRC.

Regards,

Jon.

[0] Someone will feel the need to point out that you could run Anaconda on a Trimslice, or on a PandaBoard unless I add this footnote to say I am deliberately ignoring that uncommon use case in the general Fedora user base of ARM today.

--
Sent from my iPad