Feedback wanted: Fedora Formulas

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jan 12 17:02:02 UTC 2013

Ian Malone wrote:
> KDE favourites:
> For a spin (or formula) it makes sense that the favourites should
> reflect the spin (or formula) focus. The kickstart updates this
> through /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickoffrc and
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys (on the live sytem the installer is a
> favourite, so these two are slightly different).

You can write KDE defaults to /etc/kde (which ships empty by default, we put
distrowide defaults into /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-
profile/default/share/config/ instead). IIRC, I already pointed this out to
one of you when they asked about tweaking KDE settings.

> Desktop themeing:
> Related to KDE favourites above, though of less functional importance.
> Again this is currently handled by having a package for the spin
> themes which owns an /etc/skel file that allows us to set the default
> themes (KDE desktop theme and splash). This is not really a problem
> that desktop spins have (since by definition they have their own
> independent themes), but for other spins or formulae being able to
> tweak the default look slightly gives some sense of individual
> identity for the spin itself and also a degree of user-hinting about
> the environment they're using.

Likewise, this should be doable through /etc/kde.

        Kevin Kofler