Fedora Windows Spice/Virtio KVM drivers and tools (was Re: Red Hat QXL GPU Driver for Windows 7?)

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:09:06 UTC 2013

On 12 January 2013 02:24, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> Actually WHQL simply cannot be done by Fedora even if we wanted to.
> It's an MSFT test programme that costs money, plus MSFT refuse to do
> it for GPL drivers.

Now i understand why we don't have the sources, thanks.

> Do the virtio drivers now build using the mingw-* stack in Fedora?
> IIRC this should be possible now that Fedora has switched over to
> using mingw-w64.

I follow as a user, and as far as I know the WinDDK is still needed. The
Spice Agent can now be built with mingw, though.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).