Fedora Windows Spice/Virtio KVM drivers and tools (was Re: Red Hat QXL GPU Driver for Windows 7?)

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sat Jan 12 18:59:24 UTC 2013

Richard W.M. Jones schreef op za 12-01-2013 om 01:24 [+0000]:
> Do the virtio drivers now build using the mingw-* stack in Fedora?
> IIRC this should be possible now that Fedora has switched over to
> using mingw-w64.

The git repo for the virtio drivers only contains msvc project files, so
in order to get the virtio drivers built using the mingw-w64
cross-compiler would require new Makefile's to be written.

The mingw-w64 compiler which is currently in Fedora should be capable of
building virtio as the DDK pieces are also bundled (in the
folder /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/ddk).

I just took a quick attempt to manually compile these drivers using the
mingw-w64 compiler in Fedora and I think it should be possible. Right
now I've got some errors like "redefinition of 'struct foo'" in some of
the DDK headers, but I'm sure upstream mingw-w64 devs (and indirectly
the ReactOS project) would be interested in helping out with this.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek