comps' "standard" group spring cleaning?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 13 03:38:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 02:31:09AM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> > Ah yes, because _that's_ intuitive (especially when you are trying to
> > find information to fix an immediate problem).
> A similar command is included in the _man page_ of info, EXAMPLES section.
> Anyway, *minimal* doesn't need superfluous programs.

But, again, we're not talking about minimal here. This is the set of
packages up a level from that -- installed by default on non-minimal
installs.

> Does people understand what _minimal_ means ?
> pinfo and others stills are in the distribution, you can install it later.

If you want that, yes, do a minimal install. For a standard install, I think
it's good to install basic, small utilities that make the system more
pleasant to use.