Fedora 18 laptop regression

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 16 15:23:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:49:18 +0000
"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 11:38:46PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > is to invoke it via "systemd-inhibit --what=handle-lid-switch".
>
> # systemd-inhibit --what=handle-lid-switch
> Missing command line to execute.
>
> .. whatever that means.

The command expects to be passed the command/program you want to run
and have that function inhibited while it's running.

ie, if you want to burn a cd and don't want it to suspend in the middle
of that you pass the cd burning program, etc.

If you don't want it to do that for your entire session you presumably
exec your session command with it as a wrapper.

It might be nice for it to just assume 'until I kill this
systemd-inhibit process' and run.

kevin