Drop of the "libjpeg-turbo jpeg8 ABI" feature

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 16 16:38:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:14:26 +0100
Adam Tkac <atkac at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> after discussion with libjpeg and libjpeg-turbo upstreams I decided
> to drop the "jpeg8 API/ABI" feature and include only jpeg6 API/ABI.
> The main reason is that libjpeg upstream didn't present any valid
> argument for post-jpeg6 changes and libjpeg-turbo is not going to
> port all post-jpeg6 changes. The thread with related discussion is on
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30352465
>
> I'm going to build the libjpeg-turbo pkg with jpeg6 API/ABI and then
> I will start with rebuilds of all dependent packages. This can
> probably happen during Friday.
>
> Any comments are welcome.

Just a few. ;)

1. Are you expecting to do all the rebuilds in one day so they all land
in rawhide at the same time? If not, perhaps a side tag?

2. Do you have a list of affected packages?

3. Many folks are going to be at fudcon friday, so the chances of
people being around to fix their packages, etc are low. Perhaps early
next week would be better to land this?

kevin