Proposed F19 Feature: Erlyvideo - add Erlyvideo video streaming server to the Fedora repositories

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:30:16 UTC 2013

Hello All.

2013/1/16 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>:

> Also, the scope bits about the issues with codecs are not encouraging. Do we
> know that streaming to any of the above targets will work with
> patent-unencumbered codecs?

Actually that's not a really big issue. Erlyvide can work as a proxy
for other streams (say you generate bitstream somewhere else and
erlyvideo just retranslates it to the clients).

Although I'm going to disable all MP4/AAC-transcoding features and
support for patented streaming protocols, it still will be useful. It
can capture live streams from DVB-cards, other media-streaming
applications, read from filesystem, from the clouds. It can be used as
a RTP source for SIP, WebRTC, and XMPP applications as well as for
HTTP streaming, and raw RTP streaming.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.