Proposed F19 Feature: Erlyvideo - add Erlyvideo video streaming server to the Fedora repositories

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:56:44 UTC 2013

Hello All

2013/1/16 Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>:
>> Although I'm going to disable all MP4/AAC-transcoding features and
>> support for patented streaming protocols, it still will be useful.

> Will it be possible to split it out to standalone package distributed
> by different means? Same as we do for example for GStreamer?

Actually I'm not that interested in a proprietary mp4 part although I
must admit that it's possible. My original plan was to

1. Add Erlyvideo to Fedora
2. Ensure it works with WebM
3. Consider bringing back missing functionality (with the aid of
gstreamer instead of a direct ffmpeg invocation maybe).

In fact I doubt a live Video transcoding from/to proprietary evil
patented stuff will be incredibly popular feature so maybe #3 won't
worth our efforts.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.