Proposed F19 Feature: GCC48 - switch GCC in Fedora 19 to 4.8.x, rebuild all packages with it

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Jan 16 19:21:34 UTC 2013

Jaroslav Reznik schreef op wo 16-01-2013 om 12:35 [-0500]:
> As decided by FESCo on 2012-12-05 meeting, all proposed Features are required
> to pass through the community review by announcing them on devel-announce list.
> FESCo votes on new features no sooner than a week from the announcement.
>
> = Features/GCC48 =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GCC48

I would also like to mention that we at the Fedora MinGW SIG are also
preparing on introducing GCC 4.8 for our win32/win64 cross-compiler
(mingw-gcc). A test mass rebuild of all our 135 mingw-* packages is
currently being performed. I'll report the results back to the Fedora
MinGW and upstream mingw-w64 mailing lists once this test mass rebuild
is completed so we can investigate and resolve the remaining issues.

We plan on introducing mingw-gcc 4.8 in rawhide shortly after the native
gcc package gets updated to 4.8. That way we'll be ready before the mass
rebuild of all Fedora packages starts.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek
Fedora MinGW SIG