Status to make btsfs to the standard filesystem of Fedora

Josef Bacik josef at toxicpanda.com
Wed Jan 16 20:36:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:12:34AM -0800, Zach Brown wrote:
> > > So there are a couple of issues with btrfs which I believe absolutely
> > > must be fixed before it can become the default
> >
> > I'd agree, though I'd have a different list of pet bugs.
> >
> > But that's a subjective judgement.  I'd be the first to admit that I'm
> > pretty risk averse, especially when it comes to losing data and
> > rendering machines unbootable.
>
> I think both of us are making a subjective judgement.  For myself, I
> "want to believe" in btrfs, having championed immutable
> state/wandering trees, and real databases for many years.
>
> BUT I'm deeply unhappy about data corrupting bugs being effectively
> ignored by upstream for months.  That's not good.

I see no data corruption bugs that have been reported that are being
ignored, link to the email?  The invalidate stuff was causing problems (not
a btrfs problem, we just got hurt by it the most), and it looks like those
were cleared up.  I'm working on the only data corruption problem I know of
at the moment and it's not super clear its a data corruption problem.
 Thanks,

Josef