Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2013-01-09)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 21 19:40:51 UTC 2013

Adam Williamson wrote:
> No reason why. It's practically the poster child for something that can
> be fixed with a post-release update, as it by definition only affects
> post-release configuration. I didn't even bother nominating it as a
> blocker and it would have been comfortably rejected if it had been
> proposed.

So anything that can be fixed with a post-release update is automatically
not a blocker anymore? What happened to the blocker criterion that any
application in the menu must withstand a basic functionality test? system-
config-keyboard is clearly non-functional in F18 GA!

And are we content to ship a completely nonfunctional placeholder image
which, maybe, if developers get around to pushing suitable updates, upgrades
into a working distribution? Some amount of functionality must be working in
GA, or it becomes a farce!

        Kevin Kofler