Help figure out the debug slowness

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Tue Jan 22 15:44:43 UTC 2013

As mentioned in the FUDCon kernel talk, we are trying to figure out
exactly what causes the massive slowdown for some people with debug
kernels. At this point, debug is completely off in the rawhide kernel.
Every update this week will turn on more debug options until we find out
which one is causing the slowdown. For this to work, we need people
testing rawhide proper (not rawhide-nodebug). So please, if you can
update daily and give us feedback when you hit a wall, we would really
appreciate it. Feedback should be sent to kernel at lists.fedoraproject.org

Thanks,
Justin