Strange Build problem....

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jan 22 19:49:56 UTC 2013

Le Sam 19 janvier 2013 13:34, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade a écrit :
> 2013/1/19 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>:

>   Do you have any hints on working on option 3? Well, that means not
> using fontconfig, so might not be worth for a generic Linux solution...

What renderer is matplotlib using now ? Because IIRC it could use cairo,
and cairo does support complex font shaping and modern font formats via
pango-cairo. 5-6 years ago at an xorg text summit people agreed to
converge on a single text rendering stack, and we are finally getting
there with QT and GTK both using harfbuzz-ng (+ libreoffice, firefox, etc)

The text stack should look like

freetype
   ↓
fontconfig
   ↓
harfbuzz-ng
   ↓
upper layers : QT, gtk → pango, cairo → pango, etc

--
Nicolas Mailhot