Heads-up: cyrus-sasl-2.1.26 with libsasl2 soname bump

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 09:53:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-22, Petr Lautrbach <plautrba at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm going to push update cyrus-sasl-2.1.26 into Rawhide soon. Part of
> this update is also SONAME bump to libsasl2.so.3.
>
> The main issue with this update is that it would break buildroot since
> there is the openldap package requiring libsasl2.so.2 which is part of
> buildroot.

Is this the only problem? Or do you expect patching reverse dependencies
is needed?

If the only problem is SONAME bump in minimal buildroot, just copy the old
library from system into 2.1.26 at build time. This way you get both
versions available at the same time. Then rebuild reverse dependencies
(in miminimal build root only), and finally rebuild cyrus-sasl to spit
the old library out.

If you are not proven packager I can help you with rebuild.

-- Petr