Strange subscriptions to Bugzilla bugs

Tim Niemueller tim at niemueller.de
Wed Jan 23 10:06:49 UTC 2013

Dear Fedorians and Bugzilla admins.

In the recent past I have seen several subscription to bugs in Bugzilla.
While this is normal, what makes me suspicious is that it is one
particular email address (rutadeevacuacion...) to rather old bugs, e.g.
  124789 or 446335, bugs which are already closed. Similar things seem
to have been reported on Ubuntu (cf.
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/11/21/%23launchpad.txt, found googling
for the full mail address).

To me it looks like someone or some organization is registering to
random bugs to get a hold on email addresses or the like. Is someone
else seeing similar actions or find this also suspicious?

Maybe someone with admin privileges on Bugzilla can have a look through
the database to check for strange behavior of that user?

Regards,
	Tim